Established in 1996 in Amsterdam, Booking.com has grown from a small Dutch start-up to the third largest ecommerce company in the world. Booking.com is the largest business within Booking Holdings (NASDAQ: BKNG) and accounts for the vast majority of Booking Holdings’ total revenue. Booking Holdings is a leading Fortune 500 e-commerce conglomerate with a market cap of approximately $90 billion.
With a mission to make it easier for everyone to experience the world, Booking.com invests in digital technology that helps take the friction out of travel. Booking.com connects travelers with the world’s largest selection of incredible places to stay, including everything from apartments, vacation homes, and family-run B&Bs to 5-star luxury resorts and even tree houses. The Booking.com website and mobile apps are available in over 43 languages, offer more than 29.5 million listings, including over 6.6 million homes, apartments, and other unique places to stay. So whether travelling for business or leisure, customers can instantly book their ideal accommodation quickly and easily, without booking fees and backed up by its promise to price match. Via the customer experience team, customers can reach Booking.com 24/7 for assistance and support in over 43 languages, any time of the day or night. As Booking.com envisions a future in which it will serve customers a one-stop solution for all travel-related needs, we are working towards offering a fully ‘Connected Trip’, in which every aspect of the travel experience can be planned and booked through us.
At Booking.com, we are all involved in making hundreds of decisions every day. The decisions we make are a reflection of our Values – they reflect what is important to us, both as individuals and as an organization.
When we use our Values to make decisions, we make a deliberate choice to focus on what is important. When Values are made explicit, they provide clarity on what “good” looks like. And when they are shared, they build unity in a group. They build culture.
• Think customer first. We obsess about adding value for our customers – guests, partners, colleagues – to make it easier for everyone to experience the world.
• Own it. We deliver on our promises, make informed decisions and prioritize to get the important things done today.
• Learn forever. We are resilient, take time to reflect, and seek to learn – from colleagues, from the outside world and from our failures.
• Succeed together. We celebrate team success, through making connections, building trust and valuing the diverse perspectives of others.
• Do the right thing. We get the right results the right way. For each other, our communities and the world around us.
Booking.com Leadership Team
Chief Executive Officer, Glenn Fogel
SVP, Chief Finance Officer (interim), Sue D’Emic
SVP, Chief Marketing Officer, Arjan Dijk
SVP, Trips, Bryan Batista
SVP, Chief Legal Officer, Maria Barros
SVP, Chief People Officer, Paulo Pisano
SVP, Accommodations, James Waters
SVP, Chief Technology Officer, Rob Francis
SVP, FinTech, Daniel Marovitz
For more information on the leadership biographies: please visit https://globalnews.booking.com/executive-biographies/
Profile Director CS Platform
The philosophy of Booking.com is that Customer Service (CS) is not a cost centre to the business but instead focuses on the value of CS, and being a customer and partner first business. Our CS organization is responsible for providing exceptional customer service and is split between two segments: partner (CSP) and guest (CSG), with agents solely focused on providing either guest or partner support and being the connection point between the two. Insights CS agents gain from contact with partners and guests are shared with the wider business to help inform future developments. We have several thousand CS agents all around the world today, supporting in over 40 languages, any time of the day or night.
As Booking.com envisions a future in which it will serve customers a one-stop solution for all travel-related needs, we are working towards offering a fully ‘Connected Trip’, in which every aspect of the travel experience can be planned and booked through us.
The Director CS Platform will be responsible for owning and designing the strategy for our CS platform capabilities. While partnering with the CS Technology Director, our Business Units, group companies and IT services to further develop strategies, requirements, technical and integration priorities related to human-handled contacts, the Director CS Platform will also be accountable for prioritising the CS platform developments and roadmaps.
Being the business leader for the CS platform strategy the Director CS platform will also be responsible for leading any platform elements included in the CS initiatives captured by PMO.
In this role the Director CS Platform and the supporting team will focus on developing the strategy for all CS technologies where the primary user & ownership is required to enable the CS operation. While taking the lead on exploring new products, services, vendors and emerging external trends to make recommendations for a possible selection as well as for creating business cases for potential investments, success is measured by the ability to create an agreed CS platform strategy that subsequently is ready for design and implementation for the CS systems environment.
This newly created role is an exciting opportunity to write, develop and the strategy around the transformation of the technology used within our CS organization.
• Responsible for developing the CS platform strategy for the connected trip and all verticals
• Accountable for prioritising the CS platform roadmap
• Being the SME and PM (where appropriate) for all CS platform developments and integrations with Product and Engineering as well as partnering with business units and group functions for all CS systems requirements, resources and priorities
• Taking ownership and leading assigned CS platform projects or initiatives
• Creating strong cross-functional collaboration with the other departments including Human Resource, IT, Finance and Office Management to well support the CS site operations and to create continuous business improvement
• Continuously exploring new products, services, partners and industry trends
• Responsible for business case creation for platform investment
• Fostering a highly motivated team environment that encourages continuous learning and improvements to drive excellent employee engagement
• Being an effective Change Leader, knowing how to handle and lead a team through change, displaying motivation and encouraging the right behaviors
Ideal Experience & Skills:
• Extensive experience in strategizing customer service technical environments
• Strong strategic focus with ability to create strategy aligned to broader CS and company strategy
• Proven relationship management experience at a senior and strategic level role
• Strong leadership skills and proven experience around team building, leading and developing a team
• Able to create credible business investment cases and recommendations
• Influential relationships skills and strong ability to use these relationships to create strategies going forward
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills
• Ability to adapt and succeed in a changing environment
• Able to adapt and succeed in a changing environment.
• Humble yet confident, with high self-awareness.
• able to roll up the sleeves to get things done.
• Strategic thinker, able to balance long-term vision with short- and medium-term goals.
• Passion for solving problems creatively, starting small, failing fast, and applying the learning
• Self-starter with high energy and drive; fast paced and results driven; forward thinking.
• Keep the customer at the centre of everything you do.
• Good cultural and organizational sensitivity.
• Committed to building a diverse, inclusive work environment.
• Demonstrate ability to motivate and communicate with others at all levels.
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
CRITICAL LEADERSHIP CAPABILITIES:
• Publicly identifies needed changes or directions that need adjustment, challenges assumptions and norms.
• The ability to “think big” and simultaneously understand and appreciate the details necessary to operationalize overarching strategies and goals; The ability to make sense of complex issues and ambiguous situations.
• Challenges assumptions about “the way things are done”.
• Communicates explicitly what must change, why changes are necessary, and possible outcomes and costs.
• Adjusts communication style to the audience to help them understand and accept the change.
• Encourages people to support and propose changes and ideas.
Building relationships, Collaborating and Influencing
• Establishes relationships and enhances the levels of cooperation, collaboration, and trust that exist between people, interacting with others personally, competently, and effectively. Establishes relationships inside and outside of the organization. Fosters a culture that makes people feel valued and respected and leverages even difficult or tense circumstances to enhance relationships.
• Negotiates with a genuine give-and-take approach, where both acts as true peers and decisions are shared.
• Spends time identifying all stakeholders necessary and meets or connects with all of them, neglecting no one to shape a collective consensus.
• Identifies opportunities to build relationships that will help others achieve their objectives and reaches out to those people or new people.
• Responds resourcefully, flexibly, and positively when faced with new challenges and demands. Willingly and effectively deals with the stress and complexities of various situations. Moves forward productively under conditions of change or uncertainty
• Demonstrates and fosters a sense of urgency, a “can-do” spirit, a sense of optimism, ownership, and strong commitment to achieving goals and organizational success. Demonstrates a strong sense of ownership and a commitment to achieving meaningful results.
• Checks work of self and others against required quality standards.
• Reviews performance and progress on a regular basis to ensure team is achieving results.
• Tests to see if goals are sufficiently challenging and implements corrective action based on deviations.
Meer info of solliciteren? KLIK HIER