At Booking.com, data drives our decisions. Technology is at our core. And innovation is everywhere. But our company is more than datasets, lines of code or A/B tests. We’re the thrill of the first night in a new place. The excitement of the next morning. The friends you make. The journeys you take. The sights you see. And the food you sample. Through our products, partners and people, we can empower everyone to experience the world.
With over 1.6 million room nights booked every day, accommodation represents the largest share of our business to date. We are responsible for accommodation growth, with clear ownership of all marketing, product and supply related to accommodations. Our mission is to deliver the best customer experience and most varied selection of properties.
Do you want to build software that impacts millions of customers around the world, tackling some of the worlds most complex ecommerce infrastructure challenges? We are looking for talented Engineering Managers with focus on software development and site reliability engineering to join our Application Data Services (ADS) department in our Amsterdam HQ. In ADS we design, build and operate all the technology that our Booking.com product development teams need in order to deliver great travel products to our customers, including databases, data streaming platform, and key application services for images, messaging and email infrastructure.
As an Engineering Manager in ADS/Application Services you will lead teams of Site Reliability Engineers and Software Developers. You will leverage your technicality to grow those around you, drive your team’s performance and relentlessly improve the quality of your systems. You are a role model who leads from the front.
You will guide teams through all aspects of engineering, being hands on when needed. You will own and operate critical, high scale services. You will frequently collaborate with stakeholders in a variety of functions including but not limited to engineering, product, and leadership.
Application Services team provides a scalable common platform services to Booking Holdings in terms of images, messages and emails. The Image Services are used for storing, updating, searching and serving images for Booking Holdings. You will have an opportunity to build different features to make the booking experience more amazing, and also to maintain existing data, being exposed to work with different tech stacks.
The Messaging Transport services are delivering SMS, Push Notifications and providing email templates for Booking Holdings. You will have an opportunity to bring your own perspective and experience to help to build new things, to maintain existing services and make the system more efficient and scalable.
You will primarily manage, coach and develop an engineering team, ensuring the development of both (the individual and team as a whole) are in line with organisational objectives and direction. You will be responsible for timely delivery of new features and with good quality. In addition to this, you will confer with leaders, and key stakeholders determine engineering feasibility, cost effectiveness, scalability and time-to-market for new and existing products.
• Inspire and motivate multiple cross functional product teams
• Directly manage Engineers in multiple teams
• Nurture, grow and develop engineering talent in the team
Technology, Craft & Delivery
• Technical Incident Management
• Building software applications
• Continuous Quality and Process Improvement
Architecture & Product Strategy
• Thought partner for Product to define, shape and deliver the roadmap
• Architectural Guidance
• Drive innovation in own team
• 5+ years of platform engineering experience
• At least 3 years of experience leading and managing a team of engineers in a fast-paced and complex environment
• Strong people management skills and experience dealing with complex people issues
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field or 5 years of progressively responsible experience in the specialty as equivalent
• Strong programming skills
• Strong business and technical vision
• A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of hands-on developing and shipping software
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong work ethic; self-directed and resourceful
• Solution oriented and result driven
• Proactive, flexible and capable of working independently as well as working in a team
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Analytical skills and data-driven mindset
• Living and working in Amsterdam, one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Europe.
• Contributing to a high scale, complex, world renowned product and seeing real-time impact of your work on millions of travellers worldwide.
• Working in a fast-paced and performance driven culture.
• Opportunity to utilize technical expertise, leadership capabilities and entrepreneurial spirit.
• Promote and drive impactful and innovative engineering solutions.
• Technical, behavioural and interpersonal competence advancement via on-the-job opportunities, experimental projects, hackathons, conferences and active community participation.
• Competitive compensation, benefits package, and some great added perks of working in the home city of Booking.com.
Booking.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strive to move well beyond traditional equal opportunity and work to create an environment that allows everyone to thrive.
Meer info of solliciteren? KLIK HIER