Did you always want to work in a company where your work can have a real impact on people’s lives? Are you ready to Invent, Impact, Inspire and play a key role in the management of the global Indirect Taxes of a premier bio pharmaceutical company? We would like to meet you!
We have an exciting new job opportunity for the expansion of our Tax team at our location in Oss, the Netherlands and are looking to hire an:
International Indirect Tax Advisor
To work in a great team of tax professionals at one of the premier bio pharmaceutical companies in the world. With annual sales close to USD 50 Billion into more than 140 markets worldwide and a mission to save and improve lives, we are more than just a company.
In your role as an International Indirect Tax Advisor (Associate Director Indirect Tax) you will:
• Become a Life Science & Animal Health industry professional in international indirect taxes (VAT / GST/ SUT) supporting all our global operations;
• Be supported and empowered to make decisions and maximize your impact on our global tax strategy;
• Be a key stakeholder in the compliant setup of our business processes;
• Learn and support technology initiatives;
• Work as team player and be part of a multidisciplinary global tax team;
• Report to the Global Indirect Tax Planning lead based in Oss.
Your key responsibilities
Advise various levels in the organization on complex indirect tax matters. This will include, but is not limited to, advice on supply chain design for commercial products and clinical materials used in our research programs, support business model changes, M&A and divestiture activities, restructurings, SAP S4 deployment and managing tax audits and litigations. Your recommendations to the business and other tax disciplines are (effectively) decisive and need to be practical and top quality. Indirect Tax compliance is not part of your responsibilities, but you will advise on process design, automation, and continuous process improvements.
Skills and attributes for success
• Identifying, applying, and translating indirect tax advice to our business processes;
• Taking decisions on complex supply chains;
• Seeking optimizations with creativity;
• Collaborating with other tax and business professionals in our active business development initiatives;
• Using strong communication, educational and diplomatic skills;
• Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment;
• Pro-active and motivated team player;
• Tax technology knowledge and skills are an advantage.
To qualify for the role, you must have
• A Master’s degree in Tax Law or Economics;
• At least 5 years working experience in an international environment (such as Big4 or corporate environment);
• Extensive experience with Indirect Tax;
• Full English proficiency, Dutch is an advantage;
• An open, eager, and learning drive with a sense of humor.
What we offer
We welcome you to a truly global, dynamic, and challenging environment with great opportunities for personal development. Our benefits are very competitive, and the summary below will give you an idea of what you can expect.
• Competitive salary and year-end allowance;
• Annual bonus based on own and company performance;
• 35,5 days of leave;
• Solid Pension Plan;
• Company car or travel allowance pending your preference;
• Numerous training, coaching, and e-learning modules for long term job opportunities and development;
• Hybrid working model with flexibility to work from home in combination with working from the office location.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the worlds most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Meer info of solliciteren? KLIK HIER