The Manufacturing site Geleen encompasses 7 plants: 2 Naphtha crackers (Olefins 3 & Olefins 4), a Logistics unit for Chemicals & Intermediates, a Polypropylene unit (PPF), 2 Polyethylene units (LDPE & HDPE) and a Logistics unit for Polymers. The Naphtha crackers produce amongst others ethylene and propylene which are mainly used as feedstock for the successive poly-olefins plants. Our polyethylene product range includes all of the commodity thermoplastic polymers, linear low density polyethylene (LLDPE), low density polyethylene (LDPE) and high density polyethylene (HDPE). The polypropylene product range includes block copolymer and specialty automotive grades.
These 7 operational plants are organized according to the PMT-model (Plant Operations, Maintenance and Technical). Plant Operations is responsible for a safe and reliable production within the defined Safety Health & Environment / License to Operate goals. Maintenance is responsible for specification, scheduling and execution of the activities in the plant. The Technical department is responsible for the design of the asset, the asset life plan, the operating window and the continuous review of the asset performance, of which asset integrity, process safety and legislative requirements are key factors.
The cross-functional Plant Improvement Team (which includes Plant Operation, Maintenance and Technical) identifies, selects and allocates resources to deliver a balanced portfolio of plant improvement opportunities that add the greatest value and focus on the most important activities. The purpose is to obtain strong functional teams to improve plant operations, reliability and sustainability.
To enhance our workforce we are looking for an enthusiastic Sr. Process Engineer for the Polymer Process Engineering team.
JOB PURPOSE & RESPONSIBILITIES
The main challenges of a Sr. Process Engineer are:
• Responsible for an adequate level of expertise for dedicated process technology of a specific plant or process sections.
• Responsible for the process engineering integrity of specific plant(s) or process sections by:
• Review of SHE-studies;
• Review and maintain of plant operating window.
• Review and analyze Asset performance and provide feedback;
• Develop and propose manufacturing or business driven technological improvements;
• Prepare and initiate process improvements & optimizations, including process engineering scoping of projects by means of:
• Defining scopes;
• Feasibility studies;
• Bring in specific plant or engineering knowledge during EPC;
• Review engineering scope.
• Member of HAZOP committee and PHA studies;
• Responsible for translating external case history into actions for specific plant or process sections;
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND EDUCATION
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree Chemical Engineering;
• At least 5 years of relevant experience in the petrochemical industry, preferably in the field of Manufacturing or R&D;
• Preferably knowledge of polymer plants
• Broad experience in developing, designing and optimizing chemical installations;
• High standards for (process) safety.
As a person you:
• Show ownership and are eager to reach the agreed results
• Are able to balance sound technical solutions vs. required delivery timings
• Are flexible and can easily comprehend new things
• Are a good communicator and you have well developed social skills
• Are able to closely cooperate with relevant counterparts in the Operations and R&D department
• Are able to speak and write English and Dutch, or are willing to learn on short notice
SABIC is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and as such will not discriminate in its employment practices, including recruiting and hiring practices, based on a person’s race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Meer info of solliciteren? KLIK HIER