Mercy Corps is a leading global organisation powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In conflict, in disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action – helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future.
The finance team plays a key role in supporting financial operations in MCNL country programmes throughout the world by working collaboratively with country finance staff and providing guidance in grant management, budgeting, accounting and other financial functions in accordance with Mercy Corps’ internal policies and procedures as well as donor regulations. The team ensures the timely, complete and accurate reporting of financial information from Mercy Corps’ country offices and is responsible for ensuring that all financial reporting requirements to donors are met in a timely and accurate way. The team also works closely and collaboratively with the Programme Team members in support of country programme objectives as well as the support of agency financial functions.
The Mercy Corps Netherlands (MCNL) Senior Finance Manager (FM) provides leadership and strategic direction to the MCNL finance team and ensures integration with Mercy Corps Europe and Global, to produce effective and efficient global financial management. The Senior FM is a key member of the MCNL Senior Management Team, providing financial and strategic insights and support to the MCNL Director. The Senior FM will maintain a strong working relationship with the Europe finance, accounting and compliance teams, ensuring coordination of interagency risk exposure and growth, and build relationships with relevant staff globally to maintain efficient communication, support and execution.
Essential Job Responsibilities
Strategy & Vision
• Contributes to MCNL overall development and pursuit of its mission as a member of the Senior Management Team.
• Contributes to global financial strategy and planning.
• Ensures MCNL financial strategy and activity is consistent with global objectives.
• Responsible for the recruitment, development and evaluation of all team members under his/her supervision.
• Supervises and provides leadership for team members
• Ensures coordination and implementation of MCNL finance team priorities in line with global priorities.
• Ensure MCNL’s financial systems, procedures, and reporting are effective, efficient and consistent, and comply with European accounting and reporting standards and donor regulations.
• Lead efforts to ensure consistency with Mercy Corps financial systems and practices. In future development to design and implement a plan to move toward global priorities over time.
• Provide financial leadership and oversight of the MCNL budget, with regular reporting as required to the MCNL and Global Boards and Board committees.
• Strong oversight and collaboration ensuring accuracy and timeliness of grant and contract reporting for donors, management and field teams.
• Plan, direct, manage and perform internal/external/corporate accounting functions, including general ledgers, and processes leading to the production of monthly management accounts and annual financial statements.
• Own Finance manuals and work closely across departments to provide input on significant policy and accounting impact, internal controls and management issues surrounding strategic business decisions.
• Provide advice on the development and implementation of accounting systems/modules as needed to increase efficiency at HQ and in the field.
• Work with global training and compliance teams to ensure that quality and effective financial, regulatory and compliance training is provided for MCNL team members
• Oversee financial risk management processes and reporting, contributing to global risk management efforts.
• Ensure effective implementation of HP3E for all procurement.
Banking, Treasury and Cash Management
• Working with the Financial Controller and Europe Director of Finance to ensure good management of foreign currency for MCNLhttps://jobs.jobvite.com/mercycorps/job/ojGDhfwD#_cmnt1.
• Oversee the investment of MCNL cash balances, consistent with investment policy and donor requirements.
• With support of the Global Treasurer, manage and maintain strong working relationships across banks in Europe.
• Ensure effective cash management to segregate restricted and unrestricted cash position at timely intervals
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: Position supervises all Finance team members in MCNL.
REPORTS TO: A matrix structure where s/he reports and is accountable to the MCNL Director for management of the MCNL Finance team, statutory responsibilities, has financial oversight and support of strategic objectives and representation in the Senior Management Team. Reports to the Mercy Corps Europe Finance Director for financial reporting and strategy, and integration of financial priorities with Mercy Corps global financial priorities, systems and team.
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH: Senior Management team, MCE, MCNL and MCG Risk and Compliance teams.
Knowledge and Experience
• Qualified to CA, ACCA, CIMA or a recognised accountancy qualification
• Degree qualified with advanced degree in business or related field; strong accounting background preferred.
• Minimum 7 years experience with organisations with budget of $30+ million with diverse organizational structures
• Strong in financial systems and data extraction and analysis
• Significant experience leading multi-department finance and accounting functions
• Demonstrated ability to learn and adapt quickly to changing environment
• Strategic thinker who is able to ensure systems are in place to support growth and change within the organization
• Inquisitive and questioning mind in pursuit of increased efficiencies to contribute to organizations impact
• Demonstrated strong team leadership skills and commitment to individual development
• Strong communication skills and a commitment to “inclusiveness” and consensus-building
The position is based in The Hague and may involve occasional national and international travel.
Mercy Corps team members represent the agency both during and outside work hours when deployed in a field posting or on a short term assignment or trip to country offices. Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MCs policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all Mercy Corps locations.
Fostering a diverse and open workplace is an important part of Mercy Corps’ vision. Mercy Corps is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment.
In support of our belief that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities we serve, we empower all team members to dedicate 5% of their time to learning activities that further their personal and/or professional growth and development
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Achieving our mission begins with how we build our team and work together. Through our commitment to enriching our organization with people of different origins, beliefs, backgrounds, and ways of thinking, we are better able to leverage the collective power of our teams and solve the world’s most complex challenges. We strive for a culture of trust and respect, where everyone contributes their perspectives and authentic selves, reaches their potential as individuals and teams, and collaborates to do the best work of their lives.
Meer info of solliciteren? KLIK HIER