For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
Are you up for a new challenge?
We are looking for a (Senior) Regulatory Environmental Fate Specialist in Agrochemicals/Biocides within our Safety Assessment team – from anywhere in Europe
As Regulatory Environmental fate specialist you will combine your knowledge on e-fate with at least one legislative framework (i.e. agrochemicals or biocides) at a challenging level, while being part of an enthusiastic team. We want you to do what you are good at, can get better at, and would like to grow in.
Your activities include, depending on your interests, knowledge and experience:
• Evaluation and assessment of all aspects of e-fate data;
• Compilation of e-fate sections in dossiers for different legal frameworks (i.e. agrochemicals and/or biocides);
• Performance of exposure modelling, e.g. FOCUS, PEARL, EUSES, etc. – both lower and higher tier;
• Advising clients on regulatory aspects as well as on e-fate specific data generation and evaluation;
• When necessary and/or interested, coordination of projects for biocides and/or agrochemicals;
• Working closely together with your own regulatory team members, our study directors, sales and client services team, as well as staying in contact with clients and authorities;
• Presenting at (inter)national conferences.
• A team player with a pro-active, result oriented, enthusiastic, flexible and critical attitude;
• Relevant academic training, focusing on biology, environmental sciences and/or (bio)chemistry;
• High level of knowledge of the legal framework for the authorization of agrochemicals and/or biocides;
• At least 3 years of experience in the preparation of e-fate assessments and modelling;
• Experience in dealing with Competent Authorities is a pre;
• A basic background in chemistry is a pre;
• Good communicative skills, both oral and written (in English).
• An open culture in a pleasant and informal atmosphere, in a team that supports each other and where you are valued;
• A challenging position with a wide variety of tasks and responsibilities in a combination of regulatory aspects and science;
• The possibility to further develop in your area of expertise;
• Working from home is supported, this can also be abroad;
• A position for 32-40 hours/week.
About Safety Assessment
Charles River is committed to helping our partners expedite their preclinical drug development with exceptional safety assessment services, state-of-the-art facilities and expert regulatory guidance. From individual specialty toxicology and IND enabling studies to tailored packages and total laboratory support, our deeply experienced team can design and execute programs that anticipate challenges and avoid roadblocks for a smooth, efficient journey to market. Each year approximately 120 investigational new drug (IND) programs are conducted in our Safety Assessment facilities.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 17,000 employees within 90 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2019, revenue increased to $2.62 billion.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2019.
Meer info of solliciteren? KLIK HIER